We're Hiring an Operations Manager.
About Native Land Design
Native Land Design was founded in 2001 in Cedar Park, TX. Offering a complete range of commercial landscaping services, we are strongly committed to both the environment and our clients in the office, retail, industrial and community management sectors.
With annual sales exceeding $10 million and a staff of 200 employees, we’re proud of Native Land Design’s continued growth.
Native Land Design has offices in Austin, Houston and McAllen, TX.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401k
- Operations manager will participate in profit sharing for the company
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Continuing education opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for industry-related classes
The operations manager is responsible for complete management and direction of the account managers and branch managers. The operations manager will direct employees and resources towards maintaining the standards of excellence and reputation of Native Land Design.
Responsibilities also include:
- Comprehends the needs of clients and customers via regular communication with the account managers.
- Ensure that property quality and appearance meets the standards of the client and Native Land Design.
- Manages all landscape service offerings, including the coordination of all resources required to produce quality work.
- Inspects locations and properties prior to scheduled service in order to properly prepare a plan for service.
- Monitors all irrigations systems, identify problems and makes recommendations for renovations and/or repairs to the right individual(s).
- Monitor every aspect of the landscape and proactively identify
disease, insects and other pests that could become problematic.
- Perform work with crews (as needed) to meet work and scheduling demands.
- Enforce Native Land Design policies and procedures as they relate to all aspects of company owned equipment.
- Coordinate with account managers to identify any staffing and bandwidth needs, hiring new crew leaders and additional crew members when necessary.
- Work with account managers to create crew schedules.
- Ensure proper paperwork is completed for all new and current employees.
- Train and develop growth plans for employees.
- Train and support crew members on proper operation of company owned equipment to promote safety, efficiency and quality.
- Promote safety.
- Maintain and manage all required paperwork, including safety records.
- Coordinate with branch managers and account managers to ensure branch databases and sales tools are updated with current customer information.
- Order resources and other materials as needed, monitoring costs and delivery schedules.
- Request purchase orders and use in accordance with Native Land Design guidelines.
- 2-4 years of prior working experience in the landscaping industry.
- 1-2 years prior experience in a supervisory role.
- 2 or 4-year degree in a landscape-related field or certification by a landscape association preferred.
- Ability to build and coach teams.
The operations manager reports to the vice president,
People Reporting To:
Account managers, branch managers, branch administrative employees and sales department will report to the operations manager.
- Revenue growth
- Employee retention
- Contract retention
- Performance to budget
- Safety record
- Proven leadership abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Command of the financial aspects of the business
- Ability to multi-task
- Good delegation skills
- Excellent team building skills
Take The First Step!
Get started by answering some basic questions. We'll contact you after you complete the simple form.